No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Vintage irridescent purple/pink frilled vase..maker?  (Read 545 times)

Offline selina

• Members
Vintage irridescent purple/pink frilled vase..maker?
« on: January 05, 2012, 04:31:30 AM »
Third time lucky for trying to post this!!

Pictures tell most of the story, irridescence isnt showing up as well in these pics. I have seen another vase with the same pink interior recently... Maybe the pink was synonymous with a particular maker?

Thanks in advance :)

Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
Re: Vintage irridescent purple/pink frilled vase..maker?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 02:30:22 AM »
The pics are a touch on the dark side, but I believe that this is a Kralik decor. If memory serves me correctly, I have also seen an image of an example like my first image in the Passau. I am including images of another similar example from what appears to be the same period. I would place the production at around 1900 - 1910. 

Later on, around 1925-30 They revived the decor in a modernized variation generally found in a glossy finish, but with a similar internal vs external color for the piece. The later versions, of which there are several color combinations and shape variations, also have the addition of applied tadpoles on the pieces. The tall bottle form piece is an example in my collection.
The blue and orange example has a strikingly similar mouth....

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline selina

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 06:29:14 AM »
Looks just like the first one except for the lines continuing down into the base, Colouring is a great match for mine. The top I've enclosed another pic... I need to try and get a daylight shot of the vase.. I seem to be attracted to Kralik slightly LOL
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

Offline selina

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 07:06:24 AM »
Ok, try posting this again...attempt number 5...

The vase looks to have been well loved. The irridescence inside stops at what looks like a water line. (see pic) And maybe it was well 'loved' on the outside as well. The outside looks half matte and half irridescent.
Trudy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 05:06:45 PM »
Nonetheless a gorgeous colour combination  :hiclp: I love this pink iridescent interior - shows a bit of pzazz to the designs and looks classy  :sun:
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand