No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Tantalus  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Tantalus
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 02:09:18 PM »
While we are always glad to help people if we can, it is important to remember that everyone here contributes in their spare time. We are volunteers, so if you haven't got time...

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Glass Message Board

• Committee
  • Members
    • Glass Message Board
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 06:39:50 PM »
whelam

GMB Policy Document:  http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,6521.0.html

Please note that posts which are or might be offensive to other people are not permitted under the Board's Policy. The post has been removed for review by a Moderator.

Posted by a member of the Glass Message Board Committee
This is an official message by the Glass Message Board Committee.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 07:09:01 PM »
I found the value of some Tantalus sets and was not overly impressed with the prices at auction. Though you did not quote the valuation, it may be the Hampton value is in the right ballpark -- just not what you hoped for. $200-400 seems a normal range for the estimated values of sets similar to yours. Some were slightly more or less. I do not know anything about the makers, however, so can't comment on anything more exact.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline whelham

• Members
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 10:11:05 PM »
Thanks for info valuation was £180 but getting the Tantalus up to North Hampton from Broadstairs may prove to be risky & expensive considering the weight of said items, hoping to hear from Bonhams.

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 11:24:36 PM »
The Hampton valuation was in line with what I found for similar tantalus sets by other makers. Not knowing about the companies, I cannot say if the name on yours would carry a premium. Hampton probably would have known, so my instincts are to trust their valuation. I hope you hear from Bonham soon with more info.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 12:25:30 AM »
Are you actually seeking advice on the items and looking to find out a little about the makers? or merely looking for a valuation. Not a lot of information available on line but a couple of members have done some research on the company and can be found through the search facility on here, I have a couple of pieces. A lot on here have 'busy' lives too but somehow manage to find time to help and freely share their knowledge Not sure though ignoring one member who gave you a lead on the company and insulting another is the best way to go about it though.

Chris

Offline whelham

• Members
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 12:54:09 AM »
Both really, not sure who I ignored? "If you have difficulties, email me, attaching any pictures, and I will put them up for you  — it's OK as I'm a longstanding GMB Committee Member.   Just click on the envelope icon to the left."......... this is exactly what I did! not sure why he complained? & by the way I was not informed that these images would be posted on this forum not a problem but would of been nice to of been asked, I assumed they were just for evaluation purposes. anyway bit of a storm in a tea up really.......

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 05:12:28 AM »
... by the way I was not informed that these images would be posted on this forum not a problem but would of been nice to of been asked....

Hi whelham,  it seems to me that you agreed to post your images on the board when you sent them to Bernard.  He did say "If you have any difficulties, email me, attaching any pictures, and I will put them up for you."  As you yourself admit, that's just what you did. 

If there was a misunderstanding and you do want your photographs removed, just click on "Report to Moderator" with your request. 

Offline whelham

• Members
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 09:03:24 PM »
Hi,

Love the German Glass especially top left hand corner & the Polar bear.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 01:35:30 AM »
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia