No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Cambridge Glass Fair 2012.~Brilliant weather, brilliant glass, brilliant day!  (Read 3319 times)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Rosie thats brilliant i am sure we all want to thank you , you may even get an offer for your services for other Fairs , no wonder i didnt have time to get you two glasses of water , maybe champagne next time ?  well done .

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Thank you very much Christina....correction made.  Isn't it a wonderful piece?  What I would give for that on my wall.... such talent from Carrie Anne Funnell and indeed everyone else that exhibited.

I do hope someone managed to photograph the Foyer cabinets....by the time the crowds around them had dispersed, my camera had given up the ghost.

And this is a lovely opportunity to thank you and Paul for organizing such a fantastic day. Can't wait for the next one.

Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
Oh JP, Thank you for your kind comments. ;D     

You are so kind....but I don't drink alcohol......water is all I need to stay bright and cheery. :usd:

I will need a new camera now though,  John thought it was fixed,  but this morning it went back into Zoom mode again and so I think it is beyond help. :cry:
Rosie.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
The file numbers change, depending on how you're sorting the images: by date, filename, ascending, descending etc... so what one person sees as 17/70 will be totally different to another. The only way to ensure that you are indicating one image is to stop the slideshow and copy the URL in the File Info panel BELOW the photo. That URL is unique to that image, so it doesn't matter where it is in the GlassGallery it will show that image. You can move the image from one album to another and that URL below the image will always find it. :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
Thanks for posting Pics.  Rosie. Wow! :o.   It certainly has been an eye opener and wish I was there.  There's a number of pieces within the photo's that I would love to get my hands on.  I bet you there not cheap either! ::).  Good on you to share your findings with others. :thup:

Offline rosieposie

• Members
Hi Otis,  the good news....the prices seemed fair and negotiable. The sellers are a very friendly bunch,  many of them being members of the GMB,  I bought two ellies both signed, a beautiful Finnish Eagle again signed, and an M Janku ZBS Cockerel, unsigned,  but unmistakable in a neodymium and pink glass.
The bad news.......it's all over until the next one!! But that's not too long.  :smg:
Rosie.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand