No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ID help - tall, signed vase, opal with grey loops and red and green sections  (Read 1414 times)

Offline sammyvase

• Members
Hi there,

I bought this beautiful vase today, and was hoping to get some more info about its origin and value etc..

It looks 70's to me, maybe scandinavian??? To be honest i haven't got a clue, but really fell in love with it.

Its approx. 44cm high, by 15cm wide at its widest.  It is very heavy and solid glass, and has a clear acid etched signature/mark on the bottom, but i cannot decipher what it says!

Anyway help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Sam

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Hi Sam
Welcome to the board  :)
I can't help further with your vase, I just cannot make out the signature except does it begin with a V? perhaps.  However hopefully someone will be along soon who may have some good ideas to help.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Welcome to the GMB, Sam.

I have changed the title of the thread to hopefully attract more attention.
KevinH

Offline sammyvase

• Members
Thank you both for your help...the signature to me appears to be V or perhaps an elaborate P....followed by an A??? I thought it was V A Hanky or something????

Hopefully someone out there will have some idea!

Thanks again, Sam

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
It looks similar to the 'V' on a Ioan Tubi Vadan signature so wondering if it might be Romanian?
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Something about it said "Lithuanian or Romanian" to me, (it's quite like some Lithuanian glass I bought from new a few years ago. I did put a thread here about them, but it was waaaa-y back in the days of tinypic.)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
The style of the vase is certainly looking Polish or Roumanian to me.

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline sammyvase

• Members
Thanks everyone for your help....but i'm still none the wiser!!! Any ideas about what period this dates from?

Thanks again, Sam

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
to me it looks rather like new production from Poland perhaps.  I have seen similar vases in "interior" shops.  But, I could be wrong of course. I like it, quite striking in size and decor.

Offline sammyvase

• Members
I don't know much, but i'm sure its got some age to it...you can just tell! I can't believe how difficult it is to find some history to this piece, i've been searching all over the place!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand