No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pressed glass ashtray, assuming Czech (Sklo Union)  (Read 317 times)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Pressed glass ashtray, assuming Czech (Sklo Union)
« on: March 23, 2012, 10:26:26 AM »
I can not spot this ashtray in any of my usual haunts but it does seem familiar. Is it Czech?

The pale blue colour, birdbath base and general feel all seem to fit Sklo Union production. It is 16cm wide, 6.5cm tall and has a single cigarette rest on each side.

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Re: Pressed glass ashtray, assuming Czech (Sklo Union)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 02:49:22 PM »
Certainly Sklo Union as I had one of these in the past and in the same colour, but can't remember who.  I think it might be Rosice 1416, it certainly looks like it from their catalogue but I'm sure someone will know for sure.
Anne E.B

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Pressed glass ashtray, assuming Czech (Sklo Union)
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 03:58:41 PM »
Well spotted, thank you Anne.

I now :-[ see on page 18 in the 1987 Rosice Glassexport catalogue (on the CD database from Art Before Industry) that 1416 is shown in two variations, one with very square sides and flat base and another with birdbath base and sides that slope out a little. Those rather sparse line drawings don't quite give enough information for me to be certain about this one, it does not quite match either, both in proportions and size. It may well be 1416 but I am in two minds. :-\

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand