No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bohemian basket I presume,  (Read 831 times)

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Bohemian basket I presume,
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 11:28:16 PM »
Heard back from Aspreys and they suggested I took the bowl to them to be appraised,for the modest fee of £300,needless to say I declined ::) ;D ;D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 09:33:41 AM »
Heard back from Aspreys and they suggested I took the bowl to them to be appraised,for the modest fee of £300,needless to say I declined ::) ;D ;D

You can get free appraisals from Auction houses. ;)

I've looked around but couldn't find the exact same mark, there are a few companies that use the initials, maybe posting on a silver forum might help... http://collectable-website-links.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Silver
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 10:31:37 AM »
It's not silver TC. EPNS does not contain any silver http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickel_silver

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 11:04:25 AM »
Many silver forums have silver plated sections which i'm sure includes EPNS marks.
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand