No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Please help me to identify some pieces  (Read 1166 times)

Offline hugosanti

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
Please help me to identify some pieces
« on: April 23, 2012, 06:11:08 PM »
Hi everyone, I am new in Glass Message Board, I love glass pieces (specialy vases, centerpieces) and I have some vases that I don't know anything about them.
I attach some pictures and I was wondering if you could kindly help me to identify the manufacturer/country/year, etc.
Thanks in advance, best wishes.
Hugo

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Please help me to identify some pieces
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 06:52:46 PM »
hello Hugo, and welcome to the GMB :)  -  congratulations, you have some tasteful pieces.     I'll start the ball rolling with your first picture, which is showing on Pamela's glaspavillon site, but appears to remain unattributed (maker still unkown) unfortunately.    Same colour as yours, and showing in row 28 first image, see here........  http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/     
I hope people will be able to help with your other pieces.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline hugosanti

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 07:03:49 PM »
hello Hugo, and welcome to the GMB :)  -  congratulations, you have some tasteful pieces.     I'll start the ball rolling with your first picture, which is showing on Pamela's glaspavillon site, but appears to remain unattributed (maker still unkown) unfortunately.    Same colour as yours, and showing in row 28 first image, see here........  http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/     
I hope people will be able to help with your other pieces.

Thanks Paul, you are very kind, the "square vase" (first one) photo at Pamela's webpage its mine!, I share my photos with her, she is so kind as well, she tried to help me with this vase but she also couldnt identify it.  I also hope someone would be able to help with my other pieces.
Thanks!

Offline wolkenreb

• Members
    • Edinburgh, UK
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 07:18:38 PM »
Hi Hugo - just wanted to say hello and I love the vase with the fishes. :) 
Nancy

Offline hugosanti

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 07:26:06 PM »
Hi Hugo - just wanted to say hello and I love the vase with the fishes. :)
Hello Nancy! Thank for your comment, yes, it is beautiful, I hope someone knows something about it!

bfg

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 07:39:28 PM »
Hello Hugo

I've got your last vase :-) mine has CELERY impressed in the glass down one of the ribs so would actually read
C
E
L
E
R
Y

I understand it means i'ts just post WW11 production and was a way of avoiding tax on fancy goods - food items were exempt. I'm unsure how true that is or whether its just an urban myth but I will follow with interest as mine has been on the back burner waiting ID for a while!

Mel

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 07:58:30 PM »
The fish vase reminds me of Inwald's fish vase - some similarities with the decoration?   ???
Steven has one here - difficult to see the dec but I think it is the same
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-2446
but don't quote me on that, someone will be along who will be able to help more I am sure.
Could you please start a new thread for this vase with the heading Art Deco Fish vase?  it will help the mods keep the threads clean for future reference and will also help others look at your thread.  I will copy my reply over for that one.
It may help please if you can start new threads for all your different vases.
Many thanks
m

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 08:16:47 PM »
Bienvenido, Hugo!
It's great you've joined us here - enjoy all the lovely people sharing their knowledge  :)

Paul, please scroll down to ©: http://pressglas-pavillon.de/vasen/09702.html - always wonderful photos from Hugo, and I'm very grateful for all of them

:-*
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline wolkenreb

• Members
    • Edinburgh, UK
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 08:25:31 PM »
The fish vase reminds me of Inwald's fish vase - some similarities with the decoration?   ???
Steven has one here - difficult to see the dec but I think it is the same
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-2446

Well done Michelle - looks like a match!

Nancy

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 08:29:22 PM »
Hello Hugo,

It would be helpful if you could start a new thread for each different item. With several ID requests in one thread, it can get complicated for future reference. And even more complicated if some items remain unidentified for some time.

Please start a new thread for each of the last three vases you have shown, with their own photo, then I or another moderator will tidy up this thread such that it deals with the first one only and transfer existing responses for the other items to the new threads.
KevinH

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand