No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Can anyone help me identify a possible Italian Murano Vase  (Read 638 times)

Offline garystoys

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • USA
Can anyone help me identify a possible Italian Murano Vase
« on: June 04, 2012, 05:36:36 PM »
First I should introduce myself, I am Gary. Nice to meet everyone.

I have been giving myself a headache for sometime now. I have this Murano Vase that I cant find any information on. It is at least from the 80's as that is how long it has been since it has seen daylight. A good friend of mines grandmother passed who was a huge glass collector. I have been helping him sort through it and this is one piece that I just cant catch a break on. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Gary

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Can anyone help me identify a possible Italian Murano Vase
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 05:54:13 PM »
I don't think it is Murano but rather from the Gordiola glassworks in Mallorca.  The glass workers were from Murano, but the style is most distinctive, as is the blue trim. I think it was made during the presidency of Bernardo Gordiola, some time in the 1960s.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline garystoys

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • USA
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 05:58:29 PM »
I really appreciate the response. So far that is the only lead I have. The box it was in only said Murano Italy Fancy Large Vase so I didnt have alot to work with. Any idea of pricing on this thing? I think it is a wonderful piece and I almost want to display it but I know I cant on this one.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 08:15:32 PM »
Sorry - pricing is a bit of a tricky subject here.  Your best shot is fleabay past results.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand