No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Beautiful quality cruet, Moser, Carder?  (Read 517 times)

Offline Tezlar76

• Members
Beautiful quality cruet, Moser, Carder?
« on: June 25, 2012, 08:14:26 PM »
I recently purchased this beautiful cruet- It appears to be very well made and of exceeding quality. The body is an amber color with blue prunts, and the base is the same blue with threading detail. The opening is shaped in such a way, that looks to me that it would have had a stopper originally, yet I see no evidence of wear at all inside the rim.
If anyone has any suggestions I'd be very grateful~
Thank you all,
Ashley

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Tezlar76

• Members
Re: Beautiful quality cruet, Moser, Carder?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 05:01:24 PM »
I know its been a great long while on this one, but I just ran across a  piece that had a STRIKING resemblance in composition (color, quality, general "feel") to mine. The seller was referring to theirs as Theresienthal C:1900. Does anyone out there think this "fits" my cruet?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 06:19:21 PM »
Hello Ashley...
quote...................'and of exceeding quality' .............thought you were referring to 'Mr. Kiplings cakes for a moment ;)

You make no mention of size  -  a very important piece of information - and might affect whether this was a decanter, claret jug, liquid cruet dispenser etc.
To me it doesn't look as though it would have had a stopper.

Might also be of some significance if we knew where you were, and from whence this piece came. :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Tezlar76

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 06:26:45 PM »
I purchased it from a seller on the East coast US. It measures just under 7 1/4" tall and 4 1/2" across. It is really an amazing little piece!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand