No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: modern weight impressed E S 2005  (Read 2295 times)

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
Re: modern weight impressed E S 2005
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 12:33:30 PM »
£7.00 Adam :) loads of glass round here but not much interest from the locals so a handful of us have been doing quite well over the years.
York Racecourse  carboot as been a brilliant resource for years though it dropped off in the last couple.

Chris

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

bfg

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 11:21:14 AM »
Hi Chris,

My final random thought on this, which is probably of no help at all but as I've been spending weeks and weeks trying to sort out a whole batch of paperweights I have,  I notice some similarities to Merlin glass weights I've found and remembered that Liskeard used to make weights for St Tudy and sign them  S T so could this be a later incarnation of the same principle - do/did  Merlin make weights for others?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline w84it

• Members
    • Oxford UK
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 12:01:24 PM »
Could be.   Could be.    Didn't Liam Carey take over Liskeard glass and rename it Merlin?   I don't know when.
Weightforit   -  mad about marbries, crowns and swirls ...

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 06:17:47 PM »
Bought this today described ' signed paperweight 2005 thought I had found it's brother. This one is etched along the base rim made in England 2005 cannot make out the studio name though? looks to start with 's' hard to capture the image as it's on the sloping part and distorts when you get the angle right.
Probably only adds to the confusion :)
Adam you left me 'dangling on a string' thought your 'searching' questions were leading up to a positive reply :)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 07:26:12 PM »
The signature says Enigma Studio doesn't it?

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 07:52:00 PM »
Enigma Studio is a new to me never heard of it? except for the link to Michelle's post  first letter looked like an 's' but under the glass it's  a looped capitol 'E' where the needle slipped on the bottom loop definitely the same signature  so could well be a connection ES= Enigma Studio? for both weights which are pretty similar.

Chris

Offline aa

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • http://www.adamaaronson.com
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 05:01:11 PM »
Adam you left me 'dangling on a string' thought your 'searching' questions were leading up to a positive reply :)

Enigma by name, enigma by nature?
Hello & Welcome to the Board! Sometimes my replies are short & succinct, other times lengthy. Apologies in advance if they are not to your satisfaction; my main concern is to be accurate for posterity & to share my limited knowledge
For information on exhibitions & events and to see images of my new work join my Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/adamaaronsonglass
Introduction to Glassblowing course:a great way to spend an afternoon http://www.zestgallery.com/glass.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand