No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Huge Frosted Green Bowl w/ Folded Rim - Pauly & C. Label  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Huge Frosted Green Bowl w/ Folded Rim - Pauly & C. Label
« on: March 29, 2013, 07:59:45 PM »
Had this a while, and have had no joy in finding the maker.

It's a whopping 52cm / 20.5" at its widest point, bright green fading to clear glass, and frosted inside and out.

Pauly & C. retail label to the underside of the rim, but it doesn't really much feel like CVM-Pauly output.

So I was rather hoping it might ring some bells with someone else.

Thanks for looking.

Offline ardy

• Members
Re: Huge Frosted Green Bowl w/ Folded Rim - Pauly & C. Label
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 08:49:09 PM »
No clear idea pinky but I have seen similar plates attributed to Cenedese on Design and Arts. This one might be in the too hard basket.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 01:26:31 PM »
I know what you mean about the Cenedese look from the photos. The glass is etched rather than the usual scavo decoration you see on D&A's Cenedese stock. And the base has two pontil marks - a smaller one inside a larger one - whereas Cenedese tends to be either roughly ground or polished flat.

I was pondering if it might have come from the Segusos - either SVd'A or A.S. - in the 1950s-60s.

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 09:19:07 PM »
I follow and look for AS as I guess you know, and I have not seen this form although there are similar ones like this:  http://pinterest.com/pin/147704062751327363/. And I have a form similar to this packed away somewhere.

Maybe one of the SVDA collectors may have seen something like this.

There were so many forms that didn't sell too well and were discontinued that it is hard to say anything definite though. Only last week there was a AS piece with all the correct labels that looked nothing like any AS piece I have seen. I don't agree that there is much label moving from old pieces, seems too hard to me.

Modify: Just did a bit of an electronic wander and although this is not like yours there may be some similarities. "Gold Collection”, Elsa Peretti, 1997." http://www.aseguso.com/en/quaderni/book-15/
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand