No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Coquille Flygsfors 59  (Read 396 times)

Offline Christel

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass art
    • Canada
Coquille Flygsfors 59
« on: April 20, 2013, 10:34:10 PM »
I'm trying to find some information about the Coquille Flygsfors 59 that my parents have. I'm not having any luck, admittedly researching things on the internet is not my strength!  :)
Could anyone tell me about it? I have attached a photo.
Thanks! Christel

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Coquille Flygsfors 59
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 12:42:20 PM »
Welcome to the board Christel.

Your vase is Swedish and made in 1959 by Flygsfors. Coquille was a range of vases and bowls that were made in a variety of shapes and colours, they were designed in the 1950s by Paul Kedelv.

Here is another shape: https://picasaweb.google.com/Johnmj100/ScandinavianGlass#5534280964268925858

If you type flygsfors coquille into google and then click images you will see lots more examples.

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Coquille Flygsfors 59
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 06:19:19 AM »
I can't add much to what John said except to say that having two or the arms pulled down is somewhat unusual. The line was vey successful and quite a few turn up in Canada where they fetch a decent price, although, like most stuff, prices have declined a bit recently.

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand