No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monart shape TA  (Read 2114 times)

Offline millarart

• Members
Re: Monart shape TA
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 05:51:26 AM »
Keith very nice label , nice to see a pic of it on a piece, have you any more W2 labels? Gary me want to use the picture if you allow him for his label /colourcode research which will help all collectors put a colour code to their unlabeled pieces in the future
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline luckyslap

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 05:33:00 PM »
The picture is free to use by anyone.

Keith
Luckyslap.
You can take a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 12:55:48 PM »

Keith
very good of you
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 02:33:22 PM »
Quote from Millarart.
"though saying that i think in a few cases unless theres more than one of the same colourway with a label stating the same code then how do you know its the correct code for that colourway as in the past myself and am sure most of us owns or has came across a labeled piece with the wrong colour code on it,"
With my research into colour codes, I only designate a colour code if the label has a colour code, with the some proviso, the label is not fake, the shape and size codes corresponds with the Monart catalogue.
If two labeled piece with a different colour scheme but the same colour code came to light further investigation would be required.
The images below is a case where I have not as yet designated a colour code of 391 to this particular colour scheme. The bowl is shape MA, though on the label it has written 4/25(I think it is 4), the size code (V11) on the label does not correspond with the Monart catalogue. This piece is from Perth museum collection.

Keith

Thanks Keith if possible could you post or email me a photo of vase, so I can document them together.
Gary

Offline luckyslap

• Members
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 06:11:13 PM »
Hi Gary,
I will try and take a couple of pictures for you, I think I may still have your address.

Keith  :)
Luckyslap.
You can take a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand