No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Blue Candy Bowl ID Help Please-1964 Wedding Gift  (Read 592 times)

Offline Tripp31

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Italian/Art Vases
    • United States
Blue Candy Bowl ID Help Please-1964 Wedding Gift
« on: June 04, 2013, 06:44:49 PM »
Any help appreciated. This bowl was given to my Mom by her Aunt, as a wedding gift in 1964. Trying to ID for her - her Aunt liked nice things (RR, Rolex etc) and Mom seems to think it is valuable.

She does not like it (at all!), so she gave it to me to sell. Can't do that, but plan to display in my home, to show her how cool it could be in the right setting.

No markings or "pressed type" mold lines. Looks like the heavy, solid base was freeform and attached to a blown upper bowl.

Any idea's? About 6" tall and 6" at widest mid-point.

Very likely purchased new in 64'

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Tripp31

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Italian/Art Vases
    • United States
Re: Blue Candy Bowl ID Help Please-1964 Wedding Gift
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 11:34:20 AM »
Thanks Wayne - the similarities are apparent.  I plan to research Aseda and will report back if I can confirm.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand