No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Antique Champagne Glasses  (Read 702 times)

Offline Mr ED

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
Antique Champagne Glasses
« on: June 18, 2013, 08:23:54 PM »
I am trying to find out about some Champagne glasses I inherited from my Grandmother. They were given to her as a wedding present in 1912, in Cincinnati, Ohio, as far as I know. She was a maid for a wealthy family at the time, and she might have received the glasses from them, either as New or from the givers family collection.

Glasses are approx 5" tall, base is 3" in dia, and top is approx 4 1/2" in dia. They have a vine/leaf pattern, etched (frosted) around the outside of the glass. Glass is clear, and they are in excellent cond.

I have been trying to research these for quite awhile, but to no avail. Does anyone know who the manufacturer is, how old they are, or approx value.

Thanks.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Antique Champagne Glasses
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 12:17:50 AM »
Hi Mr ED and welcome to the board :)

I can't help with your champagne glasses but hopefully someone will be along who may recognise them or be able to give some further information on them.
It can sometimes take a few days before a reply as not everyone is online every day... and sometimes it can take a few years for an identification  ;D :o
Please bear with us and hopefully you'll get some answers soon.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline cubby01

• Members
    • central USA
    • VintagePursuits
Re: Antique Champagne Glasses
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 02:29:19 AM »
Just FYI, Replacements.com list that pattern as Unknown 1532.
http://www.replacements.com/webquote/UNKUNK1532.htm

Good luck with your search.  They are nice looking.

Oh, and for what it's worth the stem, foot, and how they integrate reminds me of Glastonbury/Lotus Belmot pattern but I can't find a picture of a champagne in that pattern.  And they are not decorated, but I thought it might be a hint to the maker.
Pithy sig withheld

Site in progress: http://www.vintagepursuits.com/

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand