No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: tabby repair advice  (Read 928 times)

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: tabby repair advice
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 05:19:39 PM »
Superb! I'll whip out the sewing machine and get to work...

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: tabby repair advice
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 09:49:04 PM »
Depends on what the difference in value is Ivo.

Also if earless he only sells for little money then why bother separating.  Unless the bit he earns you pays towards reducing the cost of the dog.

If you love the dog, and have the money, then why not experiment with the cat.  Get the resin repair done, see if you love him more once you have an invisible (but reversible) repair done and they sit as a pair.  If not, sell him and hope to make back what you paid for him plus the cost of the repair.  If you don't make it all back then yes it makes your sole remaining dog more expensive but you might have learnt from the experiment of the resin repair.

I am hopefully having a repair done on a beautiful piece of glass.  But it's worth it because the actual piece wasn't inordinately expensive and  even with the repair on top it would hopefully pay for itself IF I ever sold it, but in my heart I know I'm never going to sell it.  So it's worth it to me.  I've not considered a repair on any other item unless it was one I knew I would want to keep - I don't have the funds to experiment :)

m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand