No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Alabaster confirmation please.  (Read 1074 times)

Offline keith

• Members
Alabaster confirmation please.
« on: July 31, 2013, 02:22:09 PM »
3.5 inches high,polished pontil mark,looks good to me,first I've handled so would someone let me know please, ;D ;D,the blue is uniform throughout that rim is my rubbish camera, ::) ;D ;D

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Alabaster confirmation please.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 02:40:03 PM »
Looks like it Keith, nice piece..................         the blue should be uniformly translucent (on mine - attached - you can really see your fingers through the glass), and there will probably be a smattering of scattered very small bubbles  -  under relfected light they should show as tiny whitish specks.          The foot should also have the same translucency.        I'm still looking for a lid. ;)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 02:44:04 PM »
oh well, that's confused everyone no doubt........     two sort of S. & W. blue.            Can't believe my boot sale camera is letting me down ;)

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 04:21:38 PM »
Thanks Paul,can see the fingers and bubbles,foot translucent,got a problem with my camera,10 years old,getting really nice stripes on all the pic's, ::) ;D ;D

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 05:55:36 PM »
think I know what you mean...............       I bought a six year old Panasonic (with Leica lens) from the boot sale - and got home to find it didn't have a memory card, then had to buy a card reader -  then had to buy a charger as well ::)             Although it takes good pix, it seems to have a problem with lines appearing if I leave it on for a few minutes  -  it's o.k if I turn it off after taking a pic. or two.    But I think it takes better snaps than my Fine Pix, which is saying something, because I thought the FP was good.
But having taken a lot of snaps this morning, I think I'm now seeing lines on the Fine Pix as well  -  perhaps it's the heat wave we're having ???
Anyway, shouldn't buy cameras from boot sales  -  it's asking for trouble.

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 06:26:06 PM »
It might be time to update the old camcorder eh ? :o ::) ::),you can see the lines on this picture,not so bad as it was yesterday,why that is I have no idea, ::) ;D ;D

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 07:03:31 AM »
Just thought I would add some confusion with S&W blue alabaster on a black background.  :D

John

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 09:15:42 AM »
Hi, the lines on the pictures might be the lighting. I get it on my I pad and htc if I have certain lights, halogen type I think, too close. Reflect the light off something white I was told.  Not tried it yet as the sun is still available  :)
Pete. :-)

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 02:47:22 PM »
This is in natural light,a bit blurred but the lines are quite obvious,new camera me thinks, ::) ;D ;D,nice pair John.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand