No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Czech Ashtray?  (Read 497 times)

Offline SNJ

• Members
    • Cornwall
Czech Ashtray?
« on: August 22, 2013, 08:01:19 PM »
Evening,

Just wondered if some kind soul would cast a critical eye over the photo and perhaps suggest an attribution.  As it looks not unlike other stuff by them I'd venture a guess at Rosice, or another Czech maker. Obviously late 60s / early 70s, it measures 15cm square and is a little more turquoise than the photo suggests.

Apologies, I'm not particularly good at re-sizing overlarge photos so I've put the Picasa web address below.

Many thanks in anticipation,

Simon

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-qC3Yn3R37nY/UhPBHKfmHoI/AAAAAAAAD6g/Cw2nDjEho74/s576/P8200051.JPG?gl=GB

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline dinklepip

• Members
Re: Czech Ashtray?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 08:06:36 PM »
I have exactly the same in purple along with the matching vase.  It looks like  Sklo Union designed by Jiri Brabec at Rosice, pattern no. 482, c.1968

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline SNJ

• Members
    • Cornwall
Re: Czech Ashtray?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 02:37:41 PM »
Many thanks - that confirmation sounds good to me.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand