No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Ysartglass - Shape of things to come  (Read 2562 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Ysartglass - Shape of things to come
« on: May 19, 2006, 08:20:34 PM »
Here is the first example of the new style catalogue for Monart. Only shape N
but scroll down to and click the image. Once on that page you can directly compare variants and also check the look-alikes. In addition, this will not be dome for every shape there is a link on that page to a further page that takes you all around the vase and views of the top, base and inside.

http://www.ysartglass.com/Moncat/Page01.htm

Feedback please

(2007 - Ysartglass catalogues will merge into the Scottish Glass catalogues)

Offline MHJ02

• Members
feedback
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 07:37:34 PM »
Hi Frank

Not often I sign into this site, although I read it every day!!!   But just had to say, I like the new format, especially the comparison between similar/same shapes.   It's amazing how many variations there are in one shape.    

So the question is how long will it take you to do another 311 pieces!!!!!?????  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Regards
Mary

:)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Shape of things to come
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 09:00:37 PM »
Ahh, now there is the rub! In reality it will not take that long as I have to work through adding new images and improving the old ones. As I do this I will create the new page and once I have exhausted each variant page, then the separate variant page will be removed. Also, I will remove the oversized comparisons pages once completed.

Reality is, every piece of Monart is different but some seemed to go through an evolution. A good example of that is RA:

Original foot pre war labels only
Post war labels only (so far, thus Paul Ysart) shaped foot:

Was the evolution succesful in refining the design aesthetically though? Problem a question of personal taste, I think it is an improvement.

Others vary in proportions which could be due to mood of the day and others vary because of the size differences. Shape O was made in sizes from 3.75"through to 18.5 inches... expect to see a variation in foot to bowl proportions.

It is good to get such feedback, thank you, otherwise I just change the site as suits me :?

Also the more questions that are raised here, the more time I have to answer and can squeeze things out of my head that are not written down yet.

Offline MHJ02

• Members
feedback
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 09:40:03 PM »
Using RA as an example reminded me that I bought another RA recently, superb colour and complete with label - colour coded 411 - don't think you have this one!!!!   Presume you'd like a picture for the site?!

When you redo some of the photos, now that I'm better at taking photos, do you want some new ones to replace those you had to scan in of mine?

Regards

Mary

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Shape of things to come
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 09:46:44 PM »
If you can hold for now Mary, I have a lot of backlog still to clear for Monart and I am finding myself in a bit of difficulty with it :?

I will announce here when I need more... asap.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand