No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Striped bottle/vase? ID please. ID = Chinese  (Read 574 times)

Offline mrs vulture

• Members
    • Norwich, England
Striped bottle/vase? ID please. ID = Chinese
« on: April 13, 2014, 05:13:37 PM »
Hi, I found this bottle or vase today, it has nine stripes of lime green and nine of duck egg blue alternating. The stripes are cased inside the clear glass . The rim is cut and polished smooth. The colours do not show clearly on the photos, tried every which way to get better photos, ended up outside.  ;D.  8 inches high ,2.75 inches across the base.  Seems a nice piece but I can't find it anywhere. Maybe Italian?   Thanks , Cheryl

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Striped bottle/vase? ID please.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 07:23:23 PM »
100% Chinese and deceptively well made :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline mrs vulture

• Members
    • Norwich, England
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 05:25:21 AM »
Thanks Ivo, I never would have guessed Chinese. It's a nice piece for £1. I have to come home from the car boot with a little something.  ;D.  I just cleared the loft out and was surprised by how much glass had crept up there, I haven't the room for it to be displayed so it's off to the car boot with the lesser stuff. Been nice finding out what things are and learning about them. I still have all my best bits around the house and can always find room for another piece!   Cheryl

Offline kisslikeether

• Members
    • 20th Century Scandianvian
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 05:52:09 AM »
Word of warning - I have come across the straight sided vase variant (which I believe were retailed by TK Maxx) on auction websites listed as being Kosta Boda 'Cabana' by Ludvig Löfgren

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline mrs vulture

• Members
    • Norwich, England
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 06:42:06 AM »
You are very right to warn people of wrongly named items. I found one advertised last night with exactly the same shape and measurements as my piece, different colours, as Venini. Over £200 in America. I personally wouldn't part with that much money unless I was one hundred per cent sure I knew what I was buying. But there are many people who would buy items without checking first. Always buyer beware.    Cheryl

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand