No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Sowerby pattern 1927 shoe in green uranium glass – rare colour.  (Read 1252 times)

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
A Sowerby pattern 1927 shoe in green uranium glass (very reactive to UV light). It measures approximately 15cms long x 7cms high x 4 3/4cms at its widest point and weighs 178 grams. Marked inside with the Sowerby peacock head trademark (the design was unregistered).

(Permission for the re-use of these images on the GMB granted by Kevin Collins).

This Sowerby shoe pattern is common in clear colourless glass, and not uncommon in purple malachite glass, but I’ve never seen an example before in uranium glass.

Does anyone have photos to show of this shoe in transparent coloured (non-uranium) glass, opaque colours, or malachite colours other than purple, please?

Fred.

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Re: Sowerby pattern 1927 shoe in green uranium glass – rare colour.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 11:01:28 PM »
Fred

I have pictures of a pair in blue malachite. I will need to resize the picture later before I can post .

Roy

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
Re: Sowerby pattern 1927 shoe in green uranium glass – rare colour.
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 08:24:23 PM »
Photos of the Sowerby pattern 1927 shoe in jet vitro-porcelain and deep blue malachite.

(Permission for the re-use of these images on the GMB granted by Kevin Collins).

Fred.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand