No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Boffo Mdina Jug  (Read 2116 times)

Offline WhatHo!

• Members
  • Wolfie
    • Oxford UK
Boffo Mdina Jug
« on: November 15, 2014, 01:05:34 PM »
Hi Guys, I picked this beauty today with what I hoping is an original twisel stick, lovely colour :) :) Is there any more martini jug with twisel sticks pics peeps can put up please?
http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/fieldings-auctioneers-ltd/catalogue-id-2914718/lot-24514068?searchitem=true
Something you like, mail me! :)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Boffo Mdina Jug
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 01:09:09 PM »
The twisel stick is right, as is the jug, obviously.
I've got a teal one to go with one of my teal jugs, and another untwisted, but cased, teal twizel stick with a horse's head on it, which goes with my other teal jug.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline Patrick

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 01:18:28 PM »
Hi,
 Well for £ 35.00 Hammer that has to be the bargain of the week............... :)

Cheers,

Patrick.

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 03:50:09 PM »
Hi Wolfie,

Do you know if this general design has been copied by any other glass producer since this was made ? I have something similar in flint which only holds half a pint (with some room at the top) . It has a polished pontil mark to the base which is very Whitefriars (I know this is common to a lot of glass but it just looks right) and I found it in a secondhand shop with some other Whitefriars glass. Did the  Boffos make anything like this at Whitefriars do you know ?
Mike

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 04:06:28 PM »
I think it sounds like it could be a Whitefriars martini pitcher -doesn't mean Boffo made it though. Do a board search

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 04:27:16 PM »
Thanks Christine , I've had a look and it doesn't look like the one Paul posted , it's  just a straight-sided jug with no handle . I don't wish to hijack this important thread so I will start a new one . ;)
Mike

Offline WhatHo!

• Members
  • Wolfie
    • Oxford UK
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 12:57:04 AM »
Hi Mike, yes Boffo did make jugs at Whitefriars (its in the workbooks) also Martini jugs and sticks. Here is an example, http://www.whitefriars.com/catalogues/contents.php?id=1710
Something you like, mail me! :)

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 11:27:08 PM »
Thanks Wolfie ,thats interesting,  I was hoping Whitefriars might have produced a handle-less one. Mine has the same shape as the 1.5 pint flint one but without the handle and is smaller at 6.5 inches .It might be Krosno though as Anne suggested in the other thread.
Mike

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 12:31:56 AM »
Oppps, 9508 doesn't have a handle  ::)
Mike

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum