No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: MDG Blue Elephant.........  (Read 1930 times)

Offline Patrick

• Members
MDG Blue Elephant.........
« on: February 23, 2015, 12:11:39 PM »
Hi,
 Mike ( Baked Beans ) alerted me to this old topic http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,25962.msg143508.html#msg143508 and luckily when I talked to Wolfie he reminded me that a Whitefriars collector friend Julian had bought the elephant when it appeared on Ebay some years ago. He thought it might have been one of Ray Annenberg's designs, Julian had shown it to me at the time and I confirmed it was not one of Ray's.
 Well yesterday I swapped a piece of WF glass for what I am sure is a MDG piece probably by Boffo. Height 6 3/4 inches.
 :) :) :)

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
Re: MDG Blue Elephant.........
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 11:59:35 PM »
Hi Patrick,

That's a fine example of networking, if there ever was one ! :)

Good to see a colour comparison with the MDG dog. I've posted a pic. of my dark green MDG dog which has a Malta Decorative Glass label , bought from a very nice lady in Malta , next to it, is a smaller puppy in MDG blue.

This blue colour seems to vary , sometimes it is a much darker 'Whitefriars Kingfisher blue' type of colour....hence the confusion in the original thread (linked above).

I've posted another pic. of two penguins and a donkey. The penguin on the left is MDG (no label but very similar to an amber one I have with a label). The donkey has the same  eyes as the dog , made from canes, and an amber one has been seen in a photo, on another web selling site, along   with some other MDG animals. So the donkey is MDG too ,... if it isn't then I will eat my hat ! The penguin on the right could well be another MDG example.  I've posted a pic of the penguin to the right to compare it with a Whitefriars Kingfisher finger vase ,just to show how the colour can be confused with WF Kingfisher Blue (assuming the penguin is MDG) .

Without labels , detective work is the only other solution ! There is always the need of a jury though....i.e. Glassmessages !  :D
Mike

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand