No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: This pedestal sugar looks like an 1897 Reijmyre version, please help with I.D.  (Read 619 times)

Offline nick.a

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • pressed glass
    • england
Hi,
Browsing once again through the excellent Glas-Musterbuch site I came across this: http://www.glas-musterbuch.de/Reijmyre-1897.165+B6YmFja1BJRD0xNjUmcHJvZHVjdElEPTY5MTMmcGlkX3Byb2R1Y3Q9MTY1JmRldGFpbD0_.0.html (third row, pattern no. 1942 ) which I think may be an I.D for my pedestal sugar pictured below. I would appreciate your opinions and/or confirmation/refutation of my impression.
Kind regards
Nick

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
hi nick  -  your pix are good by the way.

I can see the design similarity, and am sure Pamela will know one way or the other, but for me, the profile of your foot  -  an upturned bowl shape  -  is the one aspect that looks to differ quite a lot from the catalogue.             Of course, there may have been some difference or change of shape when actually produced.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline nick.a

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • pressed glass
    • england
Hi Paul,
Thanks as usual for your views, my photo's of clear glass are gradually improving with practice.
I agree about the foot, the picture shows the foot tapering all the way to the base. My sugar has a taper that finishes almost vertically from the concave circles to the base, making it like an upturned bowl as you say. I hope someone out there knows if this was a change to aid production or if this isn't the same sugar. It certainly looks the same in almost every other way, enough for me to ask the question anyway.
Kind regards
Nick

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand