No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Facon de Venise ID tips, please  (Read 523 times)

Offline Gabriel Tomkins

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • England
Facon de Venise ID tips, please
« on: November 09, 2015, 09:45:59 PM »
Hi everyone - wonder if you might be able to give me a few pointers on the following:

I've been looking at various winged glasses such as the one shown on the scottishantiques.com website here - not that I particularly like them, but there's an issue which appeals to my enquiring mind and it'd be good to have some input.

In simple terms, what are the guidelines to determining where the things were made - I've seen examples from Venice, Florence and Antwerp - all of which are remarkably similar and don't seem to have any distinguishing features that stand out to the untrained eye - hoping that someone who is more informed could maybe jot down a few salient points to look out for

many thanks in advance !

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand