No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: pink deco style bowl for id. ID = Brockwitz  (Read 2527 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
pink deco style bowl for id. ID = Brockwitz
« on: March 14, 2016, 02:40:48 PM »
unusual I'd imagine to find a bowl without a single curved line in the shape or design - it was the pure deco looks that appealed to me.
Octagonal - if that's correct for an eight sided shape - and with small amount of pressed design to the otherwise flat underside.       About 7.25" (c. 185 mm) diameter from flat side to flat side.
I've looked at Pamela's glass-pavillon without success, but lack the courage to start on the musterbuchs, and hoping someone will recognize the shape and save me the trouble, please :)                              Age wise I'd plump for 1930's but really not sure.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Re: pink deco style bowl for id
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 03:31:48 PM »
This is lovely, Paul, and long saught after -
    Brockwitz #9085  straight sided, I believe.

:)
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 04:27:29 PM »
gosh - you are so quick Pamela and of course knowledgeable  -  my sincere thanks for the answer - and yes, it is straight sided.              I agree it is so likeable - but perhaps you and I are both big fans of the deco style.

It's yours for free, if we can find some way of getting it to you..............    might we be able to use the services of David and Patricia, and then on to you ...........  is that workable do you think??             Or might there be a better route possibly  -  please let me know.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 09:34:39 PM »
Thank you, Paul, I've written a personal message to you  :-*
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
Re: pink deco style bowl for id. ID = Brockwitz
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 06:44:23 PM »
Again, Paul was so generous to donate one of his wonderful finds to my collection - many, many grateful thanks!  :-*

I wish to share some images showing that this is the absolutely original shape of the mould, and that the one I had already is exactly same size but flattened while still hot.

Pamela

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand