No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Stuart I presume ?  (Read 800 times)

Offline keith

• Members
Stuart I presume ?
« on: March 16, 2016, 02:45:05 PM »
7 inches tall, large polished pontil mark, perfect condition, appropriate wear and £3 !  :o ;D ;D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Stuart I presume ?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 04:57:28 PM »
 think so.  Will have a look through my catalogue pages later this evening and see if there is a shape number available.
Love Stuart glass from this period and earlier. It is so well made, such lovely glass in the hand, fine and has the appearance of fine thin glass ...but not too fine, sturdy... but not clunky, and beautifully made - just perfect really.

m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Ben.unwin

• Members
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 05:14:37 PM »
Could you tell me what shape number this could possibly be Flying Free, I would be greatful  ;D

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 06:22:42 PM »
Thanks m, can't believe it's condition, it was on a shelf surrounded by pots, pans, crockery and glass ! not a scratch  :o ;D ;D

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 11:59:39 PM »
Unfortunately none of the vases on the catalogue pages have that particular spiral going all the way up the vase.
Keith yours looks like one that is in plain clear glass pattern nmber14366. And it was made in a 7""tall version.  Differences are that proportionately the one I'm looking at appears to have a very slightly wider base than yours.  It is difficult to tell (or at least I find it difficult) when trying to match patterns to actual pieces.  There is another one in the same shape as the first catalogue piece,l that is a cut version.  That also came in a 7" tall version and has a different pattern number I guess because it is a cut piece.
Both look to be the same shape and both look to be slightly wider at the base than yours.

Ben, I cant see the shape of yours or as I said above, any versions with a continuous spiral, on the pages I have unfortunately.

Obviously I only have limited pages so that's not to say that design was not a Stuart design. 
Beginning to wish I'd bought all available pages when I saw them.

Sorry I don't have anything definite to add.
m

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 12:05:55 AM »
Thanks for looking m, I'm happy to tihink it's a Stuart piece  ;D easily pleased me  ::) ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand