No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Huge vase with stopper signed murano - any idea of factory or designer?  (Read 572 times)

Offline Ross4130

• Members
    • UK
This is a huge piece of glass standing around 50cm in height and very heavy, it has a sommerso style bottom and the stopper has a blue swirl inside.
When I bought this piece was told it was made in the 1980's but they didn't know the factory it was made.
It is signed "murano" on the bottom, is this normal without a designer or factory name with it?
It looks to be genuine but I have been fooled before.
Any ideas or info would be appreciated

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Jay

• Members
    • http://www.hogelandshoeve.be
Re: Huge vase with stopper signed murano - any idea of factory or designer?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 05:07:57 AM »
I've seen several of these recently but the objects themselves did not seem to be likely Murano products. I guess they are foreign 'copies'.
Dutch and Flemish 20th Century Factory Glass

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand