No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Royal doulton Paperweights  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Specialneedsdaddy

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Royal doulton
    • England
Royal doulton Paperweights
« on: August 11, 2016, 04:42:52 PM »
Hello there long time reader just registered, I have just seen a load of R D paperweights on eBay from the same seller Peachiebubbles , they look fantastic how much should I pay?  My wife is a huge fan of these especially the birds

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Royal doulton Paperweights
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 05:22:09 PM »
hi welcome to the GMB  -  regret to say that it's very unlikely anyone will give you that sort of information via the GMB.            There is occasionally a request to value a piece of glass, and for similar ethical/practical reasons we always decline - which may seem unhelpful, but is a necessity due to the range of values that different people will put on any given piece of glass.
It also avoids the obvious problem that if a value or cost is given which subsequently turns out disadvantageous to the buyer/seller, then arguments cannot ensue  -    very much hope you will understand, we are really not trying to be unhelpful - just avoiding problems.

It's always possible that one of the p/w collectors might give a guide to value, privately and off-Board.............   it may however, be more useful if you look at on-line auction sites to see how these pieces have fared previously - real auction house may also have sold such pieces, and their on-line catalogues may give the information you seek.

Again, sorry to be negative - this is a standard reply, there is no discrimination to you personally. :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Royal doulton Paperweights
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 05:58:40 PM »
Hello specialneedsdaddy, welcome.

The Royal Crown Derby paperweights that eBay member peachiebubble (no final "s") is selling are all porcelain / china production. The GMB only covers glass items.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand