No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Oval vase, possibly Skrdlovice ?  (Read 646 times)

Offline Torysa

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Czechoslovak glass
    • SK
Oval vase, possibly Skrdlovice ?
« on: August 14, 2016, 10:21:17 AM »
This vase is 11 cm (4.3 in) high and 21 cm (8.3 in) wide, weighs almost 3kg (6.6 lb). It has polished base and it's without signature. It is quality piece and it reminds skrdlovice vases. Could somebody please confirm and/or possibly provide any information regarding this vase? Thank you.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Torysa

• Members
    • Czechoslovak glass
    • SK
Re: Oval vase, possibly Skrdlovice ?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 05:17:44 PM »
Hi All.
Just came across this vase on a following link, which I think looks very similar to mine. You need to scroll down a little bit to see it.
https://www.pragueauctions.com/nakup-prodej/primy-prodej/vladimir-jelinek/?id=49-14869&rezerve=1
The text says:
"sklo se vzduchovými bublinami, hutně tvarované | Ř 22 cm | sign. V. Jelínek, model č. 6613, Ústředí uměleckých řemesel Praha, sklárna Škrdlovice" , something like "glass with air bubbles, hot formed | Ř 22 cm | sign. V. Jelínek, model No. 6613, Ústředí uměleckých řemesel Praha, glassworks Škrdlovice"

I am not sure about model No. assigning, but they say that it is signed by Mr. Jelinek. Is there any possibility that also my vase was designed by Mr.Jelinek, even if it is not signed ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Torysa

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 07:56:15 PM »
The shape looks ok for 6613 but I am not sure about the decoration, hard to decipher from the catalogue.

I think it will be Skrdlovice though, especially given the signed example in the auction, yours not being signed is not a problem.

John

Offline Torysa

• Members
    • Czechoslovak glass
    • SK
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 08:38:05 AM »
John,
Thank you very much for your positive answer regarding Skrdlovice and hopefully also for Mr. Jelinek as a designer. As for model No. 6613, I am also not sure about the assignment, as No. 6613 is supposed to have crushed glass ("drť"  in Czech) on top of it according to the model book, and colors used for it were dark green and topaz for the whole body of the vase. 

I was lucky Yesterday. While hunting on eBay I've found the same vase as mine, but in different color combination.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Green-to-Clear-Bubble-Art-Glass-Heavy-Low-Vase-/112080728837?hash=item1a18883305:g:m3sAAOSwARZXoPgG
The seller's information contains this:  "It was in a family's glass collection for the last 60+ years...". This would date my vase back  to 60-ties, which is also promising.  Unfortunately, his vase is probably not signed as I think the seller would mentioned that.

Thanks again John for your time !

Torysa

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 08:40:45 AM »
The same shape occurs in pattern 6630 and 6632 but again the decoration does not seem to fit. Have you searched all the catalogues? I don't know what else to suggest.

Offline Torysa

• Members
    • Czechoslovak glass
    • SK
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 08:57:01 PM »
I went through the model books but did not find any corresponding vase. Will have to search again more thoroughly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand