No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Miniature vase with spiral filagree, Bimini or?  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Coupsdestylo

• Members
    • United Kingdom
Re: Miniature vase with spiral filagree, Bimini or?
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2017, 08:02:52 AM »
It's a shame about the tips, but they can be repaired by a brave person. The small chip doesn't affect it too much, If someone else wants one they'll either have to spend a year looking or 2-300 buying partial sets to build one up, when featherglass breaks it usually breaks completely.
The 12 set above is actually a rotating carousel, the base has a glass spike that goes inside the body and the whole shebang rotates rather smoothly.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2017, 09:38:26 AM »
I am happy with my set, you have to look really hard to spot those losses and it has sentimental value for me too, it belonged to someone who has passed.

Yours rotates, fantastic! That adds a whole new dimension of desire as far as I am concerned - I want one.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Coupsdestylo

• Members
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2017, 09:56:44 AM »
Mine is new revival piece, there are some significant differences to the older ones, but I needed to have it to see the differences close up and it was too good to walk past. Most carousels of this ilk hold glass charms and very few old ones were for cocktail sticks (similar to the carousel cigarette holders). If it was a complete mechanical glass toy from the 20's - 30's then it would be in a museum.
Here is a vintage and very nearly perfect carousel with umbrella glass charms/markers :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand