No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: cobalt blue glass vase provenance  (Read 740 times)

Offline Glasso

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass: British, Scandi and all
    • Scotland, UK
cobalt blue glass vase provenance
« on: February 22, 2017, 11:36:47 AM »
I have inherited a blue glass vase with signature on the base but no date that I can make out. I cannot understand what the signature says. Can anyone help me identify this piece please. I think it is at least 25 years old but may be much older.
I have images but am a new user and am struggling to load up these images. Can anyone help please?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: cobalt blue glass vase provenance
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 12:21:17 PM »
hi - welcome to the GMB - sorry to hear you're having problems uploading your pix.                The maximum size of image will be 700 on the largest dimension  -  would imagine you'll need a resizing programme of some sort in order to reduce what was presumably something a lot bigger initially, from your camera.                  We do have techy helps and hints, and if you go to BOARD INFORMATION and run down to TECHIE TIPS - RESIZING IMAGES TO FIT THE BOARD, hopefully this will help - if not them believe you might try sending your full size pix to one of the Mods. and am sure they will be able to help

Regret we can do nothing to help with the provenance of your vase, or the signature, without see some sort of pictures.      Wish you success with resizing. :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Glasso

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass: British, Scandi and all
    • Scotland, UK
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 12:50:31 PM »
Thank you Paul, I am going out just now but will try all of your suggestions later. I do understand you need to see the vase and the signature before being able to guess provenance.

Best regards,
Shona

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 01:38:00 PM »
yes, we will need to see pictures to try and help...............   as you can imagine Shona, the world is knee deep in glass vases, many of them blue, and there wouldn't be any point in trying to guess. :)
If you don't already have a re-sizing programme, then IrfanView is simple to use and it's free to download.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 02:26:55 PM »
Hi Shona, I have sent a reply to you via email regarding your photo problem.
KevinH

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand