No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this a Jan Gabrhel vase ????  (Read 1847 times)

Offline theike

• Members
Is this a Jan Gabrhel vase ????
« on: April 07, 2017, 07:17:24 PM »
I found this vase last summer in Gera in Germany and didn't know who made it. Last week I found a twitter message and it showed the same vase , only in clear, white and green glass and they said it was by Jan Gabrhel in his Chlum treblone time. Who knows if this is so. Many thanks, Theike

Offline fontanazul

• Members
  • Kristal-Poesie
    • Czech sklo
    • Málaga - Spain
Re: Is this a Jan Gabrhel vase ????
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 12:21:13 AM »
Correct.
Daniel Muriel . [Kristal Poesie]

Offline theike

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 09:51:08 AM »
Hello Kristal-Poesie,

many thanks !!  This vase is now a very unexpected addition to my (small) Gabrhel collection.

Grtz , Theike

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 10:50:36 PM »
Hi. A very nice piece (with a good drawing too!). There are some pages on Gabrhel (with images) in the new Mark Hill book called "Sklo". It is available on his website, if you have not seen it, it is worth a look, there is a "clown" vase picture too....

Robert (bOBA)

Offline theike

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 06:14:27 PM »
Hi Robert,  thanks for the information. I looked in the first print of Hi Sklo, Lo Sklo and and couldn't find it but indeed there is a nice picture in the new book. I bought the vase last year in Gera (Germany) because it had something. Didn't know it was by Gabrhel then. I even tried to sell it on "Marktplaats" , a Dutch king of Ebay, but nobody was interestet (luckly) .  At Google  pictures I found somebody selling a similar vase in a different colour. A few years ago I signed up with the messege board and thought to give it a try there. With a very nice result. Many thanks for your information, Theike

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand