No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass decanter or bottle with fish decoration  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Ben.unwin

• Members
    • United Kingdom
Re: Glass decanter or bottle with fish decoration
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 02:54:44 PM »
Thank you for all the input, there was no strainer on the stall that I bought it from so I presume its long gone.
It's one of those things that's so tacky its great and it's not surprising that people collect these!
Czech does seem the right origin although my searching has turned up no maker yet.

Ben

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Coupsdestylo

• Members
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 06:57:53 AM »
Yours is complete, I was trying to show how shaker collectors look at these items. Some of the period glass shakers have grooves or cut outs in the lid to carry out the straining function, some don't. Your shaker is still complete though, you strain by holding the lid in at a jaunty angle, sorry if I led you to believe yours was missing a part.
D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 04:59:27 PM »
 :)
When I see fish in this sort of design, they always remind me of the fish depicted in Disney's Fantasia in the Tchaikowsky Arabian Dance from the Nutcracker Suite.
The film was made in 1940.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand