No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Harmony basket  (Read 814 times)

Offline zedsi

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • UK
Harmony basket
« on: April 11, 2018, 02:49:36 PM »
I'm a newbie, and in awe of the knowledge on this site!  I have a couple of items to show - one that I know about, and one that I don't:

This first post is for a Harmony basket, which I had never see photos of, let alone in real life  :)

Any opinions gratefully received, many thanks!

Zoe

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Harmony basket
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 05:04:50 PM »
Hi Zoe, welcome to the GMB.

I have split your post to make two threads. We like to keep things simple and not have ID requests mixed in with other items.

I have placed both of the new threads in the general Glass forum. When more information is known, a moderator will move the threads to the relevant country forum.

Could you please add some information about the basket, such as sizes (height, width, depth etc.) and also some details about where it's from and perhaps the maker.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline zedsi

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • UK
Re: Harmony basket
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 07:48:00 AM »
Oops - my apologies for bad etiquette!

I think the basket is from the Msitsov Harmonie range - as shown in Czech Glass Review 1959/5 17-18.  I didn't even know there was a basket until I found that reference!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand