No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Ruby bowl with diamond pattern, clear and gold prunts/rim/foot and single handle  (Read 848 times)

Offline catshome

• Members
    • Most glass and studio pottery
    • UK
I'm being very lazy.  I have an identical piece to the one in the link below, which has great pictures but the date and attribution are wrong.  A shade over 2" high, 5.25" diameter, excluding handle, broken off Pontil mark, raspberry prunts.

Any thoughts about a maker?    I will add a picture later so that there is an image on the thread for future reference.

https://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/255776-victorian-art-nouveau-ruby-bowl-with-ruf?in=923-activity

Many thanks
Cat 😺

"There is very little knowledge that can't be obtained through effort"  -  Mark Cuban

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
Italian I believe, not Stuart as it says in the link.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline catshome

• Members
    • UK
Glad you said that as I was leaning to Italian, but not sure who. 
Cat 😺

"There is very little knowledge that can't be obtained through effort"  -  Mark Cuban

Offline keith

• Members
Have a vase, bowl and this piece, same stuff   ;D

Offline catshome

• Members
    • UK
I know there are several more pieces in other unopened boxes here, but the single handle seemed a bit more unusual to me so I thought it was worth posting.  I suspect these were fairly generic Venetian pieces, made by quite a few companies.  It feels 1950s to me, but they may have made them for quite a while.  Someone will know more for sure.
Cat 😺

Offline keith

• Members
I'm sure they have been talked about here before, I'll see if I can find a link  ;D Just type in 'Ruby glass, prunts' a few turn up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand