No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: reply  (Read 2746 times)

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 01:53:08 AM »
Hello Gordon, and welcome to the board.

Thanks very much for doing the right thing and removing the offending material. I think we recognise that it was an honest mistake.

It would be acceptable to use any of the information, as long as the information was paraphrased, the source credited, and none of the photographs were used.

Glass researchers care very much about their copyright. Angela has put an enormous amount of time, effort and money into developing her Glass Museum, for very little return, and so naturally we flew in to support her when the copyright breach was noticed.

Good luck with the Jobling bowl, and we look forward to seeing you here.

(You might be interested to know that one of your pieces is classic Mdina from Malta)

Kind regards
Cathy.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline aa

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • http://www.adamaaronson.com
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 09:50:06 PM »
Quote from: "Cathy Bannister"

(You might be interested to know that one of your pieces is classic Mdina from Malta)
Kind regards
Cathy.

Welcome to the board. People here are passionate about glass and you will find, perhaps despite your preconceptions, that they are very willing to give and help others. So despite a rocky start, Cathy's note above about your Mdina piece is a good example. Particularly if you are selling as an agent this could make all the difference between a good or excellent result!

Now that the dust has settled a little, I might add that most people are usually impressed by vendors who clearly research their subject, provided copyright is acknowledged, and now that you have altered your listing, I think a majority would agree that you are to be commended for taking the trouble to ensure a correct provenance. :D
Hello & Welcome to the Board! Sometimes my replies are short & succinct, other times lengthy. Apologies in advance if they are not to your satisfaction; my main concern is to be accurate for posterity & to share my limited knowledge
For information on exhibitions & events and to see images of my new work join my Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/adamaaronsonglass
Introduction to Glassblowing course:a great way to spend an afternoon http://www.zestgallery.com/glass.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand