Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass Paperweights

Paperweight Sea Horse,

(1/2) > >>

Gilead:
Hi All
       Can any one tell me when this Paperweight Sea Horse was made, it is blue'y green with like a form of sea weed floating about in it, the base is signed but am having trouble reading it, i only picked it up after popping in my local charity shop by chance on the way home today, am not a collector of weight,s so dont realy know much about them,

KevinH:
The signature is Mdina. These are often seen on eBay ... but don't assume that "getting harder to find", as seen in some listings, means anything other than a sales pitch.

When taking closeup photos, set the camera to the "flower" icon (or equivalent) otherwise, with most digital cameras the minimum focus distance [around 2 feet, or 60cm] kicks in and the image will be blurred.

Gilead:
Cheers
           Kev quick reply, am i right in saying sea horses are supposed to be lucky, and are they all signed Mdina? thats another paperweight i have to sort out when i move in about 2wks will have to stop buying them when im out and about, and thanks for the info on the camera, works better,
                                                                                                                                   steve

pooleandpaperweights:
Not all Mdina is signed, but the blue/green/yellow glass is a dead giveaway!

Ian

Gilead:
Cheers Ian
               thats about 9 i have now all mixed and in only a few days, dont know what i am going to do with them yet, but will have to get them sorted out when i move, just cant stop buying for some reason proberly because im new at this glass collecting and need to slow down a bit,
                                                                                                                                                                                      steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version