No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monart shape MB  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Gary

• Members
Monart shape MB
« on: April 15, 2014, 08:27:15 PM »
My latest purchase to add to my small collection (four) of  small MB bowls.
What makes this a bit more interesting, it is a non catalogued size standing 4.5cm and 9.5cm wide at the top.
Photo 2 is showing the size difference between the smallest catalogued size (X) and the non catalogued sized one.
Gary

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
Re: Monart shape MB
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 09:42:08 PM »
Lovely - I was thinking of bidding on that but didn't - it is very pretty and soooo small - can we call it a miniature ;) ;D
Is it just green and yellow with aventurine or are there other colours in it!
Can we have a picture directly from above please,

Roberta
Roberta

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 04:48:57 PM »
The colours in  it are yellow, white, green and purple with aventurine, the applied foot is white and clear glass.
I would call it a miniature, below is a link to a previous thread on Monart miniatures.
Gary

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 05:12:50 PM »

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 09:15:35 PM »
Thanks for that Gary - it really is a beautiful item, thanks also for the link - I have read it before but it was nice to look at the lovely pictures again.
I often wonder if anyone actually used these dishes for eating their sundaes from! can you imagine  ;D

By the way Gary - you wouldn't know anything about a blue Sunderland vase would you  ;) ;)

Roberta
Roberta

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 10:03:15 AM »

Thanks for that Gary - it really is a beautiful item, thanks also for the link - I have read it before but it was nice to look at the lovely pictures again.
I often wonder if anyone actually used these dishes for eating their sundaes from! can you imagine  ;D

By the way Gary - you wouldn't know anything about a blue Sunderland vase would you  ;) ;)

Roberta
Cheers Roberta it is a pretty little bowl.
When Monart was first produced the majority of pieces were intended to be used in the home ie vases to have flowers in them, bowls to have fruit in them ashtrays for cigarettes ect.
Though I would not be pleased if a restaurant served me some ice cream in the MB bowl.
Gary

I goggled blue sunderland vase and one site came up with an image of a Monart UA vase when I clicked on the image it took to  an eBay site selling something completely different

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 05:47:23 PM »
Yes, it was a Monart UA vase but I was outbid at the last second  - wonder who got it!
Roberta
Roberta

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand