No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Towering Murano? Vase  (Read 1665 times)

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
Towering Murano? Vase
« on: March 15, 2007, 07:39:13 PM »
HI,
Purchased this stunning triple cased vase last weekend for £6 and would like some confirmation of maker please. I think it is probably Murano Sommerso but not sure. I have tried to present photo on Gallery but even though I reduced the pixels to almost zero i could not get it accepted, so opted for Tinypic instead. ::)
http://i18.tinypic.com/2h3c4g4.jpg
I say triple cased because the base central area has a pale bronze colour. The base is clear & flat. the vase stands at an impressive 14.25" tall , is 5.5" wide and 3.5" deep at base. It is in excellent condition with little in the way of scratch movement marks on base. The seller said it belonged to her mother who had owned it for many years???
Any ideas please? Sorry about photo quality, the background is a bit confusing.
Thanks,
Bryn (not Brian)

Mod: Image added

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Towering Murano? Vase
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 08:24:25 PM »
Just resurrecting this because I have what appears to be the same vase but in emerald instead of the red and with the amber as you mentioned.
Gorgeous vase.  I am sure I came across this once on my internet trawls but of course cannot find it now.  Did you manage to find out any more about this please?
m

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 09:00:00 PM »
Hi flying free,
Not really, although i did see one a few months ago on an Australian retail site that I'd followed a link to whilst seeking out some info on a Loetz piece. I remember seeing it was listed purely as Murano and had an asking price of something like 350 Australian Dollers which had me staring in disbelief at the time. When i checked other prices on the site I realised that the sellers prices were really on the optomistic side to say the least.
However i still have the vase on display and i still like it. Yours sounds like a nice one two the green and amber would give a nice contrast.
Sorry I can't help you any further with it.
Cheers,
Bryn

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 03:49:05 PM »
I did see it on a listed site other than ebay as well.  It was listed it as Seguso - and that was what I wrote on my label ...however, this was also pre my googling days for more info -   I am now naturally suspicious :)
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand