No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Galle vase  (Read 2590 times)

Offline glasswizard

• Members
    • Terry's Glass
Galle vase
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2005, 10:01:21 AM »
I totally agree with Glen. Most visitors to my study just stand in the doorway and are afraid to venture any further. With glass on every available flat surface not occupied by a pile of books that have escaped the bookcase, scraps of notes on something I was researching which after a period of time even I can't read, when I make the announcement, "Today I am cleaning the office." Everyone knows its an all day job and maybe someday I may even mean it. Terry

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Galle vase
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2005, 10:16:46 AM »
Oooh! I LOVE seeing inside people's homes!!  Thanks! :D  :D

Paul, I see you've got a monkey/meerkat thing, do you have a stuffed or metal cormorant anywhere?  All the best glassies have them ya know.   :wink:  :lol:
I am not a man

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline chuggy

• Members
galle
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2005, 10:28:50 AM »
Just shown all your comments to my wife who is less than impressed with the idea that I have room. As she points out the pictures don't even show the Japanese street sellers stall ( just inside the door), 31 watercolours stacked up in front of the bookcase (ah thats where it is, thought I had one somewhere) or 7 plastic crates and 9 cardboard boxes. HMMM she might have a point. Glad to know I'm not the only one who lives life in total chaos.

On the Galle I know little or nothing about his work, but I've had this little vase (7 inches high) for ages and though interesting with the labels and all I'd rather have another piece of Venini.
Paul
There is no distance on earth as far away as yesterday.

Offline glasswizard

• Members
    • Terry's Glass
Galle vase
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2005, 10:33:24 AM »
oooooooooooooooh Max the inside of mine would either give you vapors or a good old fashioned heart attack. Terry

Offline chuggy

• Members
galle
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2005, 10:38:09 AM »
No cormorant I'm afraid the monkey is generally thought hideous by all who've seen him and he stands 19" high, but I can't get rid of him he's around 170 years old and from India. Joyce just asked when I last hoovered the carpet in here, carpet that must mean there's a floor somewhere eeekkk!!!
Paul

Connie

Galle vase
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2005, 10:47:21 AM »
The inside of my small apartment right now would give people claustrophobia  :lol:

I have spent the last 2 days moving all my glass etc. to our new house.  I have commandered the basement as mine  :wink:  I have a good size stock room, a separate photo area, and a nice packing area. Now if I just don't break my fool neck on the steep basement stairs it will be great :D

My goal is to keep all of my store items out of our living area.  Well, except for those special pieces that I enjoy until they sell  :oops:

Offline chuggy

• Members
galle
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2005, 10:48:35 AM »
Good news
Kelly(daughter) has just arrived home with empty car so at least 5 items from computer desk includings Adams lovely perfume bottle are being packed to migrate to new flat in docklands. This is looking like a weekend project!!!
Paul

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
Re: Galle vase
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 02:53:51 AM »
Paul, could we rescue these photos (particularly of the Galle) from Tinypics and upload onto the glassgallery? As Ivo says, you don't see many genuine Galle.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand