No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Good indigo/grey vase with 4 ribs - ID? - ID = Freidrichskristall  (Read 3215 times)

Offline Quackers

• Members
    • www.plantpref.co.uk
Hi, another one I bought last week - I've been looking through my books during the week and haven't got anywhere yet :-\.

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-8648
   http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-8647

It is 24.5cm high, 9cm across the top.  Not cased - soda glass?  Fair amount of wear on the base which has not been ground or polished.  The top rim is neatly polished, the glass looks good quality with a few air bubbles (which tend to be tear-shaped if that helps).

It seems a familiar shape but I just can't find it anywhere....

Tim
Tim

I started with Carnival glass, then other C20 irridescent, then Whitefriars ducks, then Dartington FT Daisies etc, then Whitefriars Tricorns...when will it end?

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Good indigo/grey vase with 4 ribs - ID?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 05:50:46 PM »
No idea who made it, but there's one of these in ruby red sat in a local charity shop.

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 08:30:50 PM »
Some say Riihmaki, some say Chinese...
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 08:32:31 PM »
Isn't Riihimaki cased though?
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 09:02:57 PM »
The quality of the red vase I've seen doesn't really seem to match the Riihimaen glass I have.

Could be Chinese, but my first thought was European.

Offline Quackers

• Members
    • www.plantpref.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 09:09:39 PM »
Well I'd say that mine is better than my cased Riihimaen vases (only got 3 though), especially the finishing of the rim.  The Riihimaen ones are quite sharp edged while this vase is very smooth.

Tim
Tim

I started with Carnival glass, then other C20 irridescent, then Whitefriars ducks, then Dartington FT Daisies etc, then Whitefriars Tricorns...when will it end?

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 09:12:25 PM »
I have this one (similar ribbing, different shape) which did have a Friedrich label on it. Not sure where it went though, 'cos it has disappeared (probably up the vacumn cleaner).
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 12:00:57 AM »
I have this one, similar shape, different ribbing.  ;D
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10011/Picture%20761.jpg

Offline Madbrit

• Members
  • West German Pottery, & Scandinavian Glass
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 12:54:33 AM »
Hi Tim
Somewhere in my cellar i have a miniture version of yours in plain glass, and it was Friedrichs Kristal too..Kev
Text and images © Kevin Graham

Offline Quackers

• Members
    • www.plantpref.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 05:37:05 PM »
Thanks folks - I've been googling FRIEDRICH KRISTALL and versions of it, and not finding a lot :-\.  But I did find a page http://www.glaskilian.de/Friedrich.507.0.html which has an orange and a blue vase with similar ribs, although a lot look cased.  Anyone got any better links? 

Kev, if you happen to find your vase - any chance of a pic?

cheers

Tim
Tim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand