No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: New to Depression glass and don't know a pattern  (Read 966 times)

Offline Dglass123

• Members
New to Depression glass and don't know a pattern
« on: November 17, 2007, 06:34:10 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I am new to depression glass and I purchased this bowl, but I don't know anything about it. The lady I purchased the bowl from thinks it's fenton, but I was unable to find this pattern. Any help will be much appreciated.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Sid

• Members
    • Canada
    • Glasfax
Re: New to Depression glass and don't know a pattern
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 10:30:01 PM »
Hello:

This is not Depression era glass ware but instead is classified as Early American Pattern Glass (EAPG).  The pattern is called "Ribbed Spiral" by collectors and was made by the Model Flint Glass Company of Albany, Indiana sometime around 1899 - 1902.  They just designated it as No. 911.  It comes in a wide variety of pieces including the table set (cream, sugar, spoon and butter), tumblers, bowls, vases, comports, etc.  It came in crystal, crystal opalescent (your piece is an example), blue opalescent and canary (vaseline) opalescent.

About the best reference around for this pattern is Albany Glass by Ron Teal.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Dglass123

• Members
Re: New to Depression glass and don't know a pattern
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 03:38:19 AM »
Wow... I have alot to learn. Thank you for the education and I mean that.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand