No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: 2 Holmegaard Id's needed. Vase and Owl Paperweight with label  (Read 4373 times)

Offline selina

• Members
2 Holmegaard Id's needed. Vase and Owl Paperweight with label
« on: December 09, 2007, 11:55:05 AM »
Im still not 100% up on the Holmegaard signatures... Actually Im pretty awful at deciphering most signatures. Anyway, I was wondering if the little smoky vase 6cm/2.5" is Per Lutken (probably wrong spelling) and also the age if possible.

The owl I dont know how I can tell as the label is over the rest of the signature. I dont want to destroy the label to find out the signature. Unless its a particular artist who made the owls. Its 3.5" high. I was told it was vintage. Maybe the label shows the age better? I paid a bit more for the owl so Im hoping he's by someone great  ;D

Thanks,
Trudy.

Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: 2 Holmegaard Id's needed. Vase and Owl Paperweight with label
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 02:45:42 PM »
The first one is a Heart Vase (Hjertevase in Danish) from the 1955-designed 'Menuet' range. The signature on the bottom is the date it was made (1957), and in the middle is Per Lutken's 'PL' monogram.

The second piece was designed by Christer Holmgren. The signature on the bottom, HG4, means it was made in 1974, although design dates to c.1969, as it appears in the Kastrup-Holmegaard catalogues, as well as the later Holmegaard ones. It is design number 13 09 49 in the Kastrup-Holmegaard trade catalogues, and became design 341 45 17 in the post-1970 Holmegaard catalogues. There won't be any more signature under the label.

Image from the 1969 Kas-Holm catalogue...

Offline selina

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 12:20:21 AM »
Thanks so much Nic. I was hoping to find out a couple of things and you have told me heaps!!
I hope you dont mind if I use your information when I list them? Ive decided I wont keep them even though they are gorgeous. I want to buy more Victorian glass. Shame there isnt a swap glass board somewhere!! LOL

Trudy
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 12:52:38 AM »
Hello Trudy.

Glad the information was of some help - please feel free to use any of it for your listings, except for the catalogue picture.

Good luck with the sales.  :)

Offline RAY

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 08:17:27 PM »
sorry to invade,

Nic have you any kosta catalogues with vicke linstrand photo's in?
cheers Ray

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 08:25:09 PM »
Unfortunately not - I only have Danish glass catalogues right now. I'd love to branch out into other Scandi glass, but my wallet wouldn't take the strain.  ;D

Offline selina

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 09:02:08 PM »
I just found out on the weekend about a gentleman from our markets, he was telling me he used to work at Kosta Boda.. "in the old days" with all the great artists. I might ask him if he has kept any information from his work days there. He seems to have a lot of knowledge. I wanted to ask him about these ones but he wasnt there on the weekend. He has a lot of personal knowledge about some of the artists.
Trudy

Offline Sue C

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 09:28:15 AM »
Ray, would this help www.vickelindstrand.com

Offline RAY

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 07:23:06 PM »
thanks Sue, but i'm looking for a design name to put to a piece i have
cheers Ray

Offline a40ty

• Members
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 06:04:15 AM »

Nic have you any kosta catalogues with vicke linstrand photo's in?
Hi Ray, I have a few catalogues, perhaps I can help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand