No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Did i do good? A Michael Harris CRIZZLE Stone!!  (Read 5173 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Did i do good? A Michael Harris CRIZZLE Stone!!
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 05:20:03 PM »
 ;D

Oh yes, Mark knows of mine. And Andy MacConnell's. And Elizabeth Harris'.

Some (considerable, I think) time ago, Glashaus had one. It is (or was) in his list of sold items. My brother saw one for sale in the 20th Century Modern Fair, last November.
I think I know of the one that sold for over £1,000 in the States, Mark told me of that one. Now there's yours, and one other, I seem to be able to work out from the talk here. I think that makes 8.

However, I don't know if some of these might be the same one circulating, and I've not a clue how many (or few) might be lurking in private collections, never to see the light of the market.

I also have never seen one quite like Mark's, apart from his, with the blue inside, and the "stripey" crizzle, though his is shaped more like yours. Mine's much more like Andy (MacC)'s, without the irridesence, with the colours spreading much more widely than yours.

Mine weighs 1600g (according to my not-very-accurate kitchen scales).
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand