No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Cut Glass Bowl  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Cut Glass Bowl
« on: February 11, 2008, 04:48:17 PM »
Hello, everyone
                     i have be informed that it's best to post items individual to make it more easy to find who where when the piece of Glass was made, i have this piece of Cut glass Bowl to which i am trying to find how old and whom made it, ho also where made not asking much then? haha,
no all help is very much appreciated
                                                Gilead

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
Re: Cut Glass Bowl
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 05:45:40 PM »
Gilead — It's actually pressed glass, made in a mould, embellished with a little light engraving on the diamond pattern.

Unfortunately I don't recognise the pattern, so can't help with attribution.   However it is a pedestal sugar, usually sold with a matching pedestal cream (jug).

Bernard C.  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 06:47:12 PM »
Bernard
             Thank you for letting me know that its a sugar Glass and not a small fruit Bowl. How can you tell if it's pressed and not cut glass, i can not see any joins, on it so thats why i asked if its cut or not, i have heard that if you flick the rim with your nail and it rings this means it could be crystal, any truth in this please.

Here are two more photo's i hope will help in finding the age and whom made it,
                                                                                                          regards
                                                                                                          Gilead

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 10:52:03 PM »
Sorry its a nudge again got to buy more books i think, the glass is piling high quickly, so got to think of some display units as well, also am moving soon, so bubble wrap, best place to buy some in bulk, also good width needed,

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 10:57:05 PM »
Sorry its a nudge again got to buy more books i think, the glass is piling high quickly, so got to think of some display units as well, also am moving soon, so bubble wrap, best place to buy some in bulk, also good width needed,

I buy bubble wrap from Staples, on a big roll, industrial style.   :)

I'm worried about you disappearing under a huge avalanche of glass soon!  Take it easy and don't buy too much glass at once!   :D :-*

I am not a man

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 11:01:19 PM »
Cheers Max
                 will go there to moz, but buying glass just cant seem to stop, kid in a candy shop comes to mind,  ;D ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand