No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Three pieces of signed studio glass - ID = Gamble Hall, Gary Zack Studio  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Paul ADK

• Members
This past weekend while cruising garage sales in an ultra high rent district, ("Please park over there, in case we need to move the Bentley.") my wife and I happened across three pieces of glass, all by the same artist or studio.  The signatures are poorly done to say the least, but look to me to be the name "Gamble."  Only the 11 1/2" turquoise vase in the center of the grouping is numbered or dated "05."

Since my photo editing program does not work with Vista, I am afraid the pictures are about as clear as I can get.  (I can not get the signature on the third vase to show up at all.)

Never-the-less, any assistance in pinning down the true name of the artist or studio will be greatly appreciated.

Click to enlarge photos.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul ADK

• Members
Re: Three pieces of signed studio glass, but by whom?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 05:04:32 PM »
After posting my inquiry last evening, it came to me that finding three pieces, all by the same hand, could imply that a studio somewhere in the area handled work by that particular artist.  This morning I made a few calls and, sure enough, it turned out that the artist is Gamble Hall of the Gary Zack Studio in Saratoga Springs, NY.

I apologies for wasting band width to request help when I should have been able to find the information on my own.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
    • Carnival Glass Research and Writing
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 05:32:00 PM »
Crumbs....don't apologise  :). They're lovely pieces of glass and you have given us all the opportunity to view them - an opportunity that we would otherwise not have had. Plus you've attributed them as well. I reckon we're all in a Win:Win here.  :)

Thanks for sharing the story of how you found them as well as the photos.

Glen
Just released—Carnival from Finland & Norway e-book!
Also, Riihimäki e-book and Carnival from Sweden e-book.
Sowerby e-books—three volumes available
For all info see http://www.carnivalglassworldwide.com/
Copyright G&S Thistlewood

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline aa

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • http://www.adamaaronson.com
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 07:06:21 PM »
Definitely no reason to apologise. The more signatures we have for identification the more we know. That's how we all learn. I'm off to look at their website. ;D
Hello & Welcome to the Board! Sometimes my replies are short & succinct, other times lengthy. Apologies in advance if they are not to your satisfaction; my main concern is to be accurate for posterity & to share my limited knowledge
For information on exhibitions & events and to see images of my new work join my Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/adamaaronsonglass
Introduction to Glassblowing course:a great way to spend an afternoon http://www.zestgallery.com/glass.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand