No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Victorian Cruet  (Read 874 times)

Offline plynch116

• Members
Victorian Cruet
« on: October 09, 2008, 02:31:22 PM »
Hi All,

I have been absent from the Board for a few years now.  When I was active, I met a lot of nice folks and learned a great deal.  Fully retired now, lots of time on my hands, and very glad to be back.  With all that said, I wonder if anyone could help me with this cruet.  It is pink, cased in opal, with an applied custard(?), reeded handle and matching stopper.  Both the bottom of the cruet and the stopper have the number 258 in hand lettering.  I can find neither the shape nor the decoration attributed to any maker in any of my refererences, and I do have a pretty extensive library.  I am pretty sure it is not of U.S. production.  I have had a few people say they thought it could possibly be Bohemian, but my gut is screaming "Stourbridge" area.  The decoration says 1880's-90's to me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks in advance.
popsmcchicken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
    • Carnival Glass Research and Writing
Re: Victorian Cruet
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 05:19:43 PM »
I'd just like to say "welcome back" - I missed you here  :)

Your cruet is gorgeous but sadly I know nothing at all about it. Hopefully someone will be able to help. Fingers crossed.

Glen
Just released—Carnival from Finland & Norway e-book!
Also, Riihimäki e-book and Carnival from Sweden e-book.
Sowerby e-books—three volumes available
For all info see http://www.carnivalglassworldwide.com/
Copyright G&S Thistlewood

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline plynch116

• Members
Re: Victorian Cruet
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 08:00:00 PM »
Many thanks, Glen.  Glad to be back.  With all the extremely knowledgeable people here, I hope to get some good responses.
popsmcchicken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand