No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano Crackle Bowl with unknown label....  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Annella

• Members
Murano Crackle Bowl with unknown label....
« on: December 11, 2008, 01:00:28 AM »
 I havent visited this site for awhile and have forgotten just how informative it is. Will rectify that!

If someone has an idea of who's label is on this gorgeous bowl, Id love to know! Have looked through the label thread and cant see anything remotely like it.  Actually, the bowl itself may give you a better idea..it is different. Thanks in advance. :)

Lyn

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=191736090

Offline Annella

• Members
Re: Murano Crackle Bowl with unknown label....
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 10:32:25 AM »
I was going to bid on this bowl but forgot about it and it has been sold to someone else....dems da breaks!
If anyone has an idea about the label I would still appreciate it....not seen one like it anywhere. Thanks!

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Murano Crackle Bowl with unknown label....
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 12:23:37 AM »
It looked an interesting piece, I wondered if it was corroso, which would have meant it was probably by a good maker, Seguso Vetri D'Arte, for example. Look out for the next one!

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand