No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: unusual art glass dish, signed no idea who its by so need a little help  (Read 4816 times)

Offline lwerk

• Members
    • The Netherlands
Re: unusual art glass dish, signed no idea who its by so need a little help
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2011, 12:22:25 PM »
i have so many pieces like this that i have no idea who they are by, i wont sell things that im not sure of now becasue when i first started selling i sold a very rare piece of barovier for £10 (although i bought it for just £1, so still a profit) and have since seen it valued at £1000-£2000 :o..not a good move but hey we all learn..and i for one will never forget that piece lol
I will continue my search, fingers crossed somebody has an idea, or can at least point in some direction

Hello,sorry to ask this here because iy has noting to do with the question above but:I have seen a vase of Whitfriars(photo 6)in the link to your pictures!I have a big vase with a simular colour,witch I can not identify!Can you take al ook at the pictures for me!Thank you very much!
Lisa

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2011, 12:44:20 AM »
@ lwerk  - I think you need to start a new post (topic) for your item.  I am sure the MODS can move it to it own heading so we can work on it, separate from this post  ;) ;)  Very pretty.  Will try to help  when it is in it own post, as so will others...

Antiquerose123, everytime i look at that signiture i see something different and the power of suggestion is a wonderful thing as all i can see now is
Lucas Paslowe kaiser
  :chky: whereas before i thought i could see Jirina Zertova if i stare at it anylonger i will probably be able to see antiquerose123 :D
cheers
michelle

:24: :24: :24:

Sorry -- I was just throwing thought from my head and the More heads  :ghug: together are better.  Someone else may pick up something from a suggestion.  It just kinda looked like that to me, but I need new  8) anyways....lol
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 02:47:42 AM »
Michelle:  Yes, I was suggesting that the name might have been added post purchase as it hasn't been done effectively or professionally. Is it a kind of scavo finish on the bottom?

Lisa:  The base of your piece looks like the base on a few Harrachov pieces I've seen. I don't recognize the top though. Jindrich would know best.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand